We are expanding our social media team and are looking for a video editor who thinks digital first and can tell stories through social videos. As part of XXL’s marketing team, you are responsible for creating and editing both pictures and videos for social media, our website and other marketing channels. You know how to grab the attention of your audience in social media through visual storytelling and you will optimize creatives to fit each platform.
This is an opportunity to join a brand new team within XXL and be part of shaping XXL’s social media presence across Scandinavia and Europe.
The role is based at our offices in Oslo, Norway and reports to the Social Media Manager.
The main job tasks:
- Research, develop, edit, and produce images and videos for XXL’s Social Media platforms in collaboration with the Photographer and Social Media Manager according to the marketing plan in all markets.
- Perform post-production work including editing photos, videos, graphics, music, sound and narration.
- Optimize all content to fit all a range of different platforms, from Instagram stories to Facebook carousel ads and more.
- Create local versions of material when translated copy is provided when this is needed (such as for videos)
Skills and requiremets
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Film, Video, Marketing, Design, Communication, Art or related fields
- Extremely proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- A quick editor, a necessity for social media content creation.
- A strong sense of pace and timing (telling a lot in a little amount of time) and awareness of what captures attention on social.
- An eye for design and photography, including keen instinct about what’s on-brand for XXL
- A deep, undeniable passion for all things photography/film/video/motion graphics.
- Excited to approach editing with a social-first sensibility, both from a storytelling perspective (front-loading most compelling content, telling the story in as little time as possible, use of text overlays and subtitles to communicate narrative in a largely sound-off environment) and design (specs geared for mobile consumption on specific platforms).
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Creative but organized, loves to come up with new ideas and follow them through from idea to completion.
- Always learning and seeking new information, as Social Media ”best practices” are continuously changing
- Proficient in English as well as one of the following languages; Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Finnish or German.
Other tasks & practicalities:
- Most of the work to be done from XXL office
- Normal office working hours with a flexibility to do some work to be outside XXL office, stores and nature
- Role requires travelling to other XXL markets
- Estimate of needed travelling 20-25 days/year
The amount of work and working hours vary between seasons and activities. Occasionally, role requires longer daily working hours that will be compensated other period. To succeed in this role you need to be an efficient editor and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
If you have a portfolio please include the link to this with your resume.
Expected Start Date: